Wednesday 25 February 2015

A little bit of internet love: Part VI

I know I should do these more often and then these posts wouldn't be showing you links to posts that were written about three weeks ago which I always worry makes me look ever so slightly creepy. "Oh hai, I've been saving this blog post of yours to share with people....along with the cutting of your hair that I took when I crept into your room last night..."

Anyway. Enough of being creepy. Time to share the love...


1. You may have noticed that I talk a lot about the fact that I'm from Hull - I'm a fan of anyone who talks about their love for Hull, and although our experiences of living in Hull are vastly different, Ryan's post, In Defence of Hull and his love for our city resonates with me.

2. Elise has been crocheting from a book that I've had for ages but have yet to dip into - check out this little Grim Reaper...

3. I'm going to sneakily move into Janet's house and set up camp at her new home office. Don't tell her I'm going to do it though...

4. Chloe talked about feeling attractive and I wholeheartedly agree with what she said. Especially about getting a shower/washing your hair - whenever I feel crappy I always force myself into the shower and it never fails to make me feel a little bit better.

5. Rachael wrote a post called Don't Assume Your Blog Followers... which really resonated with me in a couple of places. Especially the bit about assuming people use Bloglovin'.

6. Hayles went to a Black Heart Creatives jewellery workshop and I am outrageously jealous about it.

7. Christa over at A Voluptuous Mind posted Shall I Rise, a poem by Maya Angelou. It came at an incredibly appropriate time for me and I cried big, fat, blobby tears when I read it. It is beautiful.


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this - I love a bit of internet love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love posts like these- I'm rubbish at finding new blogs that aren't just PR bs left right and centre! It's always good when people recommend blogs, makes it a lot more personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Rachael's post about blog followers - all such good points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the mention my love! :) I'm off to make sure to get around to reading the piece about Hull. Although it's not my hometown (it is my mam's though) I do have a bit of pride about having it on my door step. I guess in some ways it's like the city I ended up living by now, a city everyone loves to write off, ignores or has so many misunderstandings about. My dad always said in Hull's case that it's because it's so out of the way, you don't tend to really go pass it say in the instance of York or Newcastle, you actually have to be heading in that direction for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when you post this sort of thing as it's great to hear about blogs that have been so far under my radar. First time I've commented here but I've been reading via Feedly for ages - just want to give you a Midlands Market Town high five as I think I'm from down the road from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well now I'm very intrigued! Where are you?!

      Delete
    2. I'm from near Hinckley originally but right now I'm in Germany for work so it's really nice to read about stuff from the homeland. I tried to keep a blog about living abroad but I'm really rubbish at keeping it updated and finding things to write about that people might actually want to read!

      Delete
    3. Ah yes you're not far from me at all, in fact I broke down on the A5 on the my way to Hinkley Island hotel this week!

      Delete
  6. I went to read Chloe and Rachael's posts- thanks for those, I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I save posts for weeks too, sometimes I want to read them again though! Glad you like the grim reaper, I think you'll like my next make too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thanks for the blog love, so nice! Glad you like the poem, it's a corker alright. Sending big love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked, always good to hear that I'm not the only one and that something resonates!

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say something. You know you want to...